[TheList] RSM website

DogSec - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Fri Jan 6 15:20:17 AEDT 2023

Works fine for me.

Enter the client name under Search,  choose a frequency range - IE if
you want VHF channels only enter 145 - 170meg.  I always choose Transmit
from the Transmit/Receive dropdown box, and chose a district.

I worked for the company that do the C3 contract, what exactly do you
want to know?

They'll all be analog nationwide.. we did try some digital at C3 Sulphur
Point (mostly simplex but they had a couple of repeater channels under a
Ports of Tauranga license) but the crane operators kept complaining so
we switched them back - I personally never got involved with the issue,
I mentioned this but noone wanted to listen to me at the time...  I
suspect the problem was someone was using the same frequency in analog
in the area which was causing dropped packets which came across as
garbled data noises.  I had the exact same issue at Fonterra Hautapu
previously and it sounded like an identical complaint.  That issue I was
involved in... resolved itself when I removed the analog frequencies -
We had left them in for transitional reasons, I think a few of the lads
were using the analog channels as a general chat channel where the boss
couldn't hear, unaware of the issues they were causing.   I don't
specifically know, but I think, and from in-house testing, the radios
were dropping packets when it received both digital and analog voice
traffic on the same freq, when tuned to a digital channel.  When tuned
to the same frequency in Analog, everything worked fine with digital
transmitting.

Cheers,

Richard.