[TheList] Frequencies

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Sat Dec 9 21:16:31 AEDT 2023

Not all repeaters are UHF linked, some are IP linked... so that really depends on the area and the service... I'm not from either, so I'm not sure.

The problem with link frequencies as they're used to link two or more sites using IP, or for RF - corner reflectors or more commonly yagis... point to multi point or point to point.  You have to be in the path to receive... it's not your typical discone/mopole/dipole/phased array that sends omnidirectional RF. I've always personally thought that those freqs shouldn't be listed on RW as people either come to believe they will exist, or not understand not being able to receive if they're not in the path.... or they're in the path at home, but can't receive it at other locations.

TLDR scan the I-band (420-424) and if you receive then great, but don't expect anything.
Richard W
Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse my brevity, punctuation and spelling.