[TheList] Call signs

Shaun Sayer shaun.sayer at xtra.co.nz
Tue Dec 5 14:41:11 AEDT 2023

This was the response to the YD query. I’d imagine it’s a sergeant of the tactical team.

YD call sign type is for a Tactical Dog Team delta unit; a capability of the recently rolled-out Tactical Response Model (TRM) across many districts. 3-up (dog, handler and another officer). Refer to the Police website and associated media releases.