[TheList] Number Plate Readers

Neill Ellis tgsnoopy at gmail.com
Thu Jun 16 17:56:51 AEST 2022

I'm told they are very common. A lot of the new Skodas being used for
traffic duties are reported to have them. I wouldn't be worried about
them on cop cars. Here in Tauranga the Council has a heap of ANPR
Cameras & also spy on traffic via the Bluetooth connections as you drive
past. Police have given the camera operator a police radio & callsign
and he can usually tell them the last time a numberplate was observed,
where & which direction of travel.

<https://blowonthepie.co.nz/2020/07/09/cctv-camera-locations-tauranga/>

ANPR Cameras are only a problem if you have something to hide ;-)