[TheList] Not receiving these emails

Mike Trump mtrump at orcon.net.nz
Tue Jan 18 17:34:47 AEDT 2022

To try to answer the original question from the poster.

I bought a Stridsberg Active Pre-amp two maybe 3 years ago, this is the
MCA204M/N.

Meaning it has an N connector input and it has  4 x BNC male connectors
on the bottom.

It comes with a 12VDC power supply, in the plug-pack style.

It is not cheap, at USD$195.00, you get what you pay for and if you only
have a couple of scanners,

there is room for expansion, without intermod issues between things you
already have.

When I bought this thing and installed it, I thought it would either be
the ducks nuts or the biggest

white elephant I'd ever bought from the US.

I use 4 scanners here, the difference was like night and day,  I lost
20dBuV of noise and other rubbish

I had to adjust all of the squelch levels on all 4 scanners, downward,
to stop them from opening.

It was awesome.

Kind Regards,

Mike Trump.