[TheList] Odd radio frequency incident in Dunedin

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Thu Apr 21 14:21:35 AEST 2022

What was the receiver? if it was a scanner, it's more likely that the front end was overloaded.. I used to get that when I lived in Hamilton driving through the CBD. A uniden 72XLT overloaded by one of the paging frequencies... the ICOM IC-R5 wasn't as affected...

They're also not wrong if you're using a signal booster... you're increasing weak signals sure, you're also increasing strong ones.

Unlikely to be atmospheric, it would have to be an incredibly strong signal for overloading to occur in the first place, let alone overloading an FM broadcast station.
Richard W
Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse my brevity, punctuation and spelling.