[TheList] ZK-IDH

Tim Devaney timdevaneynz at gmail.com
Wed Feb 10 01:28:49 AEDT 2021

Hi
It's just after 3 in the morning and I've just been watching something
interesting that I don't quite understand the Dunedin rescue helicopter Air
1 flew in from invercargill came up the coast and landed on the hospital
then it flew out to see around again headed directly to swampy summit radio
Christchurch control and ask them to turn the runway lights on at Dunedin
airport flew towards Dunedin airport then just as they got past Mosgiel
Bank sharply in landed back at their base why on earth would they do this
normally they just fly straight from the hospital over saddle Hill and into
Mosgiel what was with all the weird flying and why on earth did they
request the runway at Dunedin airport be lit up when they weren't even
landing there doesn't make sense to me anyway just thought there might be a
pilot on here that might be able to provide some insight I've attached a
screenshot of the air flight movements

Tim