[TheList] Fwd: mid south island pocsag

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Wed Nov 18 10:28:21 AEDT 2020

I'm not convinced that this reaffirms the units been replaced, despite how it's been labelled. Without even looking I can tell that frequency will be an I-band link... RSM shows that it's been registered to Kiwirail in Kaikoura (appears to be to assist in getting coverage into the rail tunnel there) and Downers in Dunedin (who do all sorts of stuff, they could have used it for paging.)

I suspect you've got hold of old/spare equipment, that's been mixed together, however I'm not convinced it's anything to do with your timaru paging issue at all as none of the I-band point to points for that frequency go anywhere near timaru.

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse my brevity, punctuation and spelling.