[TheList] Police VHF linking

Dan Nitschke dan.nitschke at outlook.com
Tue May 12 17:54:57 AEST 2020

First time posting on The List!

Good to see some chatter about the police on here. I am one of the few lucky ones who have a SDR running in the Eastern District where the police comms are all still analogue on UHF. They also operate on 75mhz, but I can't pick that up very well for some reason. My main place of residence (Wellington) is all digital unfortunately.

Wider question - does anyone here operate SDR servers in an area where the police are still on analogue? I've only ever been able to listen to Hawkes Bay comms, would be great to listen to another area over the web!

I've just started to get into the whole SDR scene, and pretty new to radio in general.

Cheers
Dan // ZL2XO