[TheList] Antennas

Scott Palmer scottjpalmer at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 20:39:48 AEST 2020

Hi

I got a couple of magnetic bases and he changed the plugs to BNC for me as
well for extra cost but overall cheap!
https://www.marineelectricalsolutions.co.nz/product/498338

I also got a couple of SCATXs and a couple of SCANDUCKYs and even with TNT
fast freight (all that was offered) still also cheap!
https://www.wagneronline.com.au/scanner-whip-antenna-scatx-1-0m/antennas/communication-accessories/ant871-16218/11492/pd/
https://www.wagneronline.com.au/scanner-hand-held-0-3m/scanner/antennas/communication-accessories/11490/fl/

I want to do something more permanent now the external on the roof approach
has proven fruitful so thinking SCATX on the TV antenna mast with a
splitter at the other end to feed say 4 radios.

Questions:
1) Is a 12m coax run pushing it for RG58, what do you recommend?

2) What are your splitting recommendations? I guess powered/active is the
go for 4 ways?

Thanks

Scott