[TheList] Zello crosslink

Bob bob at booksgiftsdirect.co.nz
Mon Jul 20 07:03:37 AEST 2020

Gee TimIt's easy when you know howGive me a yell on zello and will you put in touch with someoneBob the Bookman www.booksgiftsdirect.co.nz
-------- Original message --------From: Chris Hoffmann <chris021 at gmail.com> Date: 19/07/20  23:37  (GMT+12:00) To: thelist at radiowiki.org.nz Subject: Re: [TheList] Zello crosslink Hi Tim,While you are correct it technically is possible, in reality you will really struggle to get audio input working well on an android device. Each manufacturer requires different resistors before it will accept a line in via the 3.5mm. I lost many many hours trying to make this work without success. Also the key up time on the free version of Zello can cause issues where you miss the start of the transmission. Zello for Work is much faster and works better but at a cost. That has been my personal experience. Your mileage may vary.Be keen to hear how you get on.Cheers,Chris021On Sun, 19 Jul 2020 at 1:30 PM, Tim Devaney <timdevaneynz at gmail.com> wrote:Hi all I hope everybody is enjoying this Sunday. I need some help could somebody please email me off list that has experience in creating a Zello crosslink ird transmitting audio from one Radio 2A Zello app running on an old cell phone needs to be is easy as 123 I've tried looking up stuff on the internet but they all seem to need a computer to work but I know you can do it with just the radio and a cellphone and a few chords of courseTim Devaney timdevaneynz at gmail.com (E) +64 (27) 246 6936 (M) Sent from a mobile phone device. Please excuse my brevity, punctuation and spelling.