[TheList] Apollo Pagers

Chris radiowiki at archnetnz.com
Wed Jan 29 11:26:37 AEDT 2020

Hey ya..

Just curious, does anyone have the programming units for these pagers?
I have an AL-A25-Gold pager,

The manual indicates I can run these in a block of frequencies - and one in particular 130 - 180MHz,

When I spoke to Wipath they advised me that they only do them in 10 MHz blocks, and I could not get 130-180.
I said the programming manual I have read says I can get that range, then he told me I needed to buy a whole new pager.

I can confirm that on the back it says 161 - 168 or something, and I have attempted to change the frequency on the unit to the ham band, and send out a test page from my test set, but it is not received.
When I set on the 161-168 from the test set, I can indeed receive the page.

Would love to get this onto the Hamband, or something useful :) haha
If not, I might just programme it to something interesting currently being used, and buy another one, but just wondered if anyone out there could help on this request :)