[TheList] Icom Equipment In NZ

Vaughan Murray vaughanmurray at slingshot.co.nz
Thu Feb 13 13:45:05 AEDT 2020

Hey Richard, thanks for the quick reply.

Let's just hope Bitcoin goes to 40K by August then there’ll be Icom’s for everyone! But seriously, excellent gear at a premium price = deep holey pockets! It's an occupational hazard =)

Yes, for all things Icom RWB Communications seems to be the go-to in NZ for the amateur radio enthusiast. However, they don’t list prices on their website & I think they should – what are they afraid of? On the other hand, GigaParts is very open about the price and I’m finding it difficult not to click <add to cart> and buy the IC-9700 now. Gigaparts also has the IC-R8600 but there's a 2-4 week wait on that.

Cheers,

Vaughan.