[TheList] Is Wellington all digital?

gklm gklm at slingshot.co.nz
Tue Feb 11 12:22:20 AEDT 2020

Before you buy a scanner, there is something else to consider. For some
reason, later Uniden scanners cannot successfully decode the Ambulance
trunking in Wellington (that is ONLY my experience anyway.) An older
UBCD396T decodes successfully, i.e. you can monitor Ambos in WGN no problem.

With a UBCD396XT, and indeed, a USDS100, you see the scanning of the
trunked network pause, display the talk group briefly, then continue to
scan. No audio is ever heard.

I have tried to research this and adjust parameters etc, but no luck.

Anybody else able to monitor ambulance in Wellington on a Uniden?

Mark.
Auckland.