[TheList] Radiowiki updates

firefrog firefrog at xtra.co.nz
Fri Apr 17 11:29:55 AEST 2020

Great job Chris, one of the originals 😊Greg  ( firefrog  )Sent from my smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Chris Hoffmann <chris021 at gmail.com> Date: 17/04/20  13:11  (GMT+12:00) To: thelist at radiowiki.org.nz Subject: Re: [TheList] Radiowiki updates Hi Guys,I really do apricate the offer! When I started the wiki 12+ years ago I decided that it would be free for all for as long as I could make it so. Over the years I have got it to the point where it takes very little time and little money to keep it alive. It had grown to the point where it receives about 400 visitors a day or if your oldschool, 26,000 "hits".This is a graph of 24 hours of requests:Even with this load the current hosting hardly feels a thing.

I don't think of it as 'mine'. I'm just the caretaker. The wiki would be nothing without the hard work all you guys do updating and adding content. So as it stands I am more than happy to keep radiowiki up and running, free and advertisement free just like I said I would 12+ years ago :D.  If that ever changes in the future and I was unable to keep the lights on then I of course would come back to you all and we would as a group work out a way forward.   I would also like to thank our team of list moderators and wiki mods in reality these guys do way more day to day stuff than me.Stay safe,Chris021On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 6:30 PM James Nicholson <jayswipe at gmail.com> wrote:Fantastic work Chris and thank you for putting in the effort. I'm for supporting this if it's something we all can get behind.James.On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 at 16:08, Stephen <kiwis1 at slingshot.co.nz> wrote:Great work Chris, appreciate it, thanks. There is a cost in running this – domain name and hosting, is it time for us users to ask if we could all chip in a little? I can. Cheers Stephen From: TheList [mailto:thelist-bounces at radiowiki.org.nz] On Behalf Of Chris HoffmannSent: Thursday, 16 April 2020 3:01 PMTo: TheList at radiowiki.org.nzSubject: [TheList] Radiowiki updates Hi all, Following on from the work over Easter weekend I have continued to tidy away a number of housekeeping issues on the wiki.  Mostly behind the scenes boring tech stuff:There was a mod_security issue that was preventing most peoples user page from working correctly. This has been resolved. DNS was a bit of a mess along with SSL redirection and offloading, this has also been sorted.Worked with the hosting provider to move the site to a newer refreshed host. Changed the main page to render properly on mobile devices now. The clickable map doesn't scale yet, but It looks fine on mobile. Don't really want to risk breaking it. Tweaked the search, it now works really great for finding codes etc especially from mobile There has been quite a bit of activity with people updating stuff on the wiki which is so good to see.  I am looking at making a few more changes, enabling the visual editing tool, enabling mediated self sign up rather than it being completely manual. If there is anything else you would like to see done please either reply here on-list or contact me directly. Its been something like 6 years since the site was fully updated etc so hopefully this lockdown work will ensure it keeps ticking over for years to come :) Cheers all, Stay safe.  Chris021_______________________________________________
TheList mailing list
TheList at radiowiki.org.nz