[TheList] TIII Network

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Fri Apr 3 12:44:20 AEDT 2020

These are all the new Tier3 Vital (the new name of Teamtalk) network
that will eventually replace Fleetlink and ActionNet completely.  These
are likely existing Fleetlink and/or ActionNet sites, that have had some
of the MPT1327 voice channels removed and Tier3 gear installed.

I can't help with mapping it out, as I'm not down there, you might be
the best positioned to do that, as you're clearly receiving multiple
sites from your location.

Mapping them out will be a slow process as you have to wait for voice
activity.  When mapping, I tend to search each control channel to get
the site name on RSM, then search for Vital as customer, and that
repeater site as the Transmit location... add all of those channels into
a scanner and listen for which are trunking and which are mpt1327
channels.... if you're scanning and hear voice - it's gotta be part of
the MPT1327 systems so can be removed.  Eventually you'll only have DMR
channels left. Then it's a case of letting DSDPlus do the work for you,
matching the DMR channels to DSD channels to get a full map.  There's
probably a better way of doing this, however I don't think searching for
emission 7K60FXWDT will help, as I think the channels are registered as
both analog and digital capable.

Anyone reading that doesn't understand, remember that you'll only
receive talkgroups on a site that has a subscriber radio subscribed.  IE
if CustomerA has Vehicle1 and Vehicle2 attached to SiteA, and CustomerB
has Vehicle1 and Vehicle2 attached to SiteA and SiteB.  When CustomerA
does a group call, you'll hear it on SiteA and NOT SiteB, whereas
CustomerB you'll receive on both. This isn't a limitation of the
scanner, you're likely not doing anything wrong.. but how the network is
designed to work.

Cheers,

Richard