[TheList] Uniden digital scanners

Gary Stone kaimaikid at xtra.co.nz
Sun Sep 15 13:57:32 AEST 2019

Can anyone tell me if the later models of Uniden digital scanners can
have their parameters changed at all?

I have noticed that the ones that have continuous coverage say from
25-512mhz have certain bands set with different modes and would like the
ability to change those modes, for example 76-87mhz is set to WFM for TV
however it would be cool if one could get inside and change it to FM for
obvious reasons or is it hard set to the chip?
Also to be able to change the Police/Fire area frequencies to suit NZ
not America and Canada

cheers
Gary

P.S. have heard somewhere that there may be software out there able to
do this but could be wrong.