[TheList] Smart Power Meters

Shaun Sayer shaun.sayer at xtra.co.nz
Sat Jun 8 20:05:51 AEST 2019

What type of meters weren't you sure about? Mesh has been used for years in the Auckland region. Now more prevalent as things develop.

Get Outlook for Android

On Sat, Jun 8, 2019 at 9:52 PM +1200, "Radio Scanner" <rs157950 at gmail.com> wrote:

    Vodafone are keeping 2G going till 2025, I have a few devices that
    still use it on a daily basis - 2degrees made the bad decision to
    kill off 2G.

    Didn't know we had those meters here, does anyone happen to have
    more info on those?

    On 8/06/2019 9:46 p.m., Shaun Sayer
      wrote:

It
            depends on the type of smart meter you have. Some are on the
            mobile network (2G was closed down from my understanding RS)
            and others are what we call “mesh” network and communicate
            between meters until they reach a transmission point.