[TheList] Help With The Radiocommunications Act 1989

Leith Cullen leithacullen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 19:44:33 AEDT 2019

Hello,

As you may or may not have heard, but the Auckland Fire Dispatch commutations was being broadcasted on a place called Broadcastify, unfortunately the telecommunication manager at fire and emergency sent a take down notice to them witch ended up shutting down the feed along with the EAS that was also being broadcasted as well.

They said that we have legislation that inhibits anyone who does receive radio communications from acting on them unless they are specifically intended for that person.

But I can’t actually find that anywhere in the Radiocommunications Act.

Can someone enlighten me?  Thanks.

Leith – ZL1LAC