[TheList] Dmr trunking??

Scan CHCH scanchch at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 10:30:17 AEDT 2019

The elevation on the repeaters isn't that high at Christchurch Airport so
unless you're within a reasonable distance then you won't receive the
control channel and thus the voice traffic. If you're within CHC itself
better to try the Marleys Hill or Mt Grey control channels. I have had zero
exposure to Uniden scanners however I think you have to ensure ID search is
on. Otherwise it will only look for the TG's you've got off or RR and are
programmed in your scanner, which is predominately airport and groups that
don't roam to other sites like Marleys/Mt Grey, rather than any and all
TG's.

You definitely don't need the provoice upgrade. There is none of that
anywhere in CHC. NXDN is unrelated to the system you're trying to monitor.
I think CDEM/CCC use some NXDN but I haven't found any of it and that leads
me to believe it is not overly prevalent.