[TheList] AT Radio And Rail Communications

Shane Vickers senavick2 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 07:22:50 AEST 2019

The bus transport uses D Band (461-464 MHz) with what appears to be voting
(no control channel)  starting from the Skytower and heading out west,
north and south on their own repeaters (Talk groups)   DMR radios in use
the data for location etc is sent on slot 1 voice on slot 2 the drivers ask
for voice via the radio panels when needed..most voice is private between
driver and control.. Group voice for all drivers indicate changes in routes
because of issues like accidents etc As for train services this was covered
just recently with those that monitor them indication they are still
analogue in E Band, Has this changed?

I too use SDR units for this type of listening

Shane