[TheList] Palmerston North Police

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Thu Sep 27 16:57:27 AEST 2018

I understand they've been playing with the linking, from what I saw elsewhere, however unless they've gone digital, the ESA band frequencies won't be disabled (at least permanently - the middle of the north island seemed to be getting hit by ducting today, maybe from the south island, the signal was too poor to hear who it was) due to the vehicle radios all being the main radio.

Easy way to tell if they've gone digital, if they have the 1m long aerials, the ESA band is still in the cars.  If the aerials about 530mm long it's VHF (digital).. This doesn't include the crossband link aerial  (which will be 150ish mm long)  but that won't be on all cars.

Have you tried another receiver in case yours has gone deaf?

Sent from a mobile device. Please excuse my brevity, punctuation and spelling.