[TheList] Railway / Kiwirail / Anything on Tracks

Paul Miller misc748 at actrix.co.nz
Fri Jan 12 09:15:49 AEDT 2018

Hi Chris,

Kiwirail have an extensive E band *analog**ue* narrow FM network all
around the Auckland area.

The best places to look are:

151.950 plus and minus 50 KHz in 12.5 KHz steps

152.050 plus and minus 50 KHz in 12.5 KHz steps.

152.350 plus and minus 50 KHz in 12.5 KHz steps.

and 153.45625 Simplex. The simplex channel is commonly used by track
gangs doing repairs and in rail yards.

They also use CTCSS on the channels to keep the nasty crud from Skytower
out. The popular tone are 173.8 Hz and 225.7 Hz

Paul
Wellington