[TheList] Trunking

Scan CHCH scanchch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 15:52:46 AEDT 2018

RSM shows that frequency as TeamTalk @ Mt Pearce. 99% sure that is one of
their MPT1327 Traffic channels relating to either ActionNet or Fleetlink
systems. If it was the control channel you wouldn't hear any voice as it
sounds like a machine gun and is solely a data channel gives the channel
grants. Unfortunately there is no commercial scanner available that can
trunktrack MPT1327. You can use a program like Unitrunker with the DVB-T
dongle that you purchased but as far as your 996T goes it won't follow the
conversations.

Fire CHCH  frequencies listed on the Wiki are correct. The reason they
don't work for you is coverage. Akaroa Fire don't use the Fire CHCH channel
for that very reason. They operate on the Ex Police Analog Central
Canterbury Channel. The frequency for that will be around 75mhz. Best time
to find out would be when they have been turned out. Once you find it you
will hear almost zero police chatter on it as its only used for visiting
units to the district that don't have a digital radio installed in their
vehicle and you will only hear fire appliances from the Central and North
Canterbury areas that have been turned out and responding to incidents.