[TheList] Trunking

Tim Devaney timdevaneynz at gmail.com
Thu Feb 8 15:34:30 AEDT 2018

Hi all

So I'm learning how to program my 996t trunking scanner I have no idea what
I'm doing I have a frequency which is 417.6625
I'm guessing this is the control channel I programmed it in I can hear
people talking generally one way and it makes funny noises at the end of
the conversation I've tried programming it and as a system but I need tgid
can anyone explain this to me I'm in Akaroa also if anybody knows the
Christchurch fire frequency that I can pick up in Akaroa would be great I
have tried the ones on radiowiki but they don't seem to work I really want
to learn how to get the full potential out of my scanner but it's all of
the above my head thanks kindly.
Cheers
Tim