[TheList] Pofung UV6 R Transceiver

KillerOfShadows killerofshadows at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 13:27:31 AEDT 2018

So This would apply to the HackRF, considering that can transmit on any
frequency it can receive, if using the right software (this device was in
my future shopping list, but maybe I have to go for my Ham license first to
cover myself).

Interestingly; Raspberry Pi’s can transmit over GPIO pin 12 between 150kHz
to 750MHz using the PiTx software to about 10cm even so apparently it can
cause interference over the spectrum due to square wave harmonics (using a
simple wire attena it can transmit up to 100 metres) so I wonder how that
would be classified?

Even if the transmit functionality is never used, it seems like they’d be
classified as restricted devices if they are capable (this would probably
apply to similar computers and micro controllers that can be programmed
too?).

I wonder if RSM is even aware that most of these can theoretically transmit
out of the box with the right software/code?

--
Sent via Gmail iOS