[TheList] Scanner setup for P25

Shane Vickers senavick2 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 16:31:23 AEST 2018

What is your scanner?  My 396 would populate automatically if it knew
the control channel and you told it the freq was a control channel.

It would be a great read, however, if we have someone that can get into
the real nuts and bolts..

They still I think, have the ability to vote on signal strength like the
old system.

Of course depending on the control channel you see closest to you, the
talk groups generally have been allocated to area.

I generally only see two TGs where I am generally which I work out to be
the old North and West channels of old.
Others due come and go which could be special channels as needed in my
area?  I wonder if a South vehicle up on the coast
can actually still have access to the South Channel?

I have never seen Fire Police on a North repeater yet....

Hooking into the control channels that appear to radiate from AKL CBD
carry considerable TG information.

Got to love the technology and the people that make it happen....