[TheList] Something weird this afternoon on the roadside

RayC rcolvill at paradise.net.nz
Sun Jul 12 17:17:28 AEST 2015

Was driving into Timaru city this morning about 10:30 am.

I happened to spy a red Hyundai van parked on the opposite side of the road,
in the drivers seat was a known speed camera operator.

I did a Youie up the the road and came back past, the was no camera setup in
the back
window, it had no back door at all.

More curious i went forward of it and turned about again.

This time i spied a camera setup in the passenger seat facing forward and
angled to
cover both lanes in each direction.

Question----- have the cops become more money hungry and downright sneaky
and now
nabbing unaware motorists from the front seat direction

Would it be an ANPR trial to see if their enough crims to justify a van in
the area south
of CHCH

Has  any one seen this or know anything at all about what is up.

RayC