[TheList] 396XT Help

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Sun Jul 12 12:59:39 AEST 2015

True, although I suspect that you'll find, given the date, it's likely
to be a narrowband frequency and the equipment may still be running
wideband, I don't believe F band is part of the Narrowband 2015
deadline, so they have until 2019.  Also the equipment in use (pretty
sure Tait TB7100 repeaters) will mean just a simple reprogram is needed
rather than equipment changeover, so I'd still suspect the frequency
will stay as it is.  In the case of the scanner, try both narrow and
wideband and see what sounds better :)

I live in a hole, in the middle of Hamilton, so sadly I don't think I
can RX the Klondyke repeater :(  Boss did mention trying a UHF yagi
though, could be worth a shot, but I don't fancy my chances.

Cheers,

Richard / Z-masterNZ