[TheList] Pager System switched off

Chris Hodgetts chris at archnetnz.com
Sun Aug 9 21:12:44 AEST 2015

I would like to see the Fire Service take over the service..
It could be a nice little money earner for them, considering I assume they will need / want to continue running it for their own purposes.

Remove the 026 dial feature, after all who wants to pay a NAD fee right.. and just keep the airpage service - plus their own network services.
It also gives them priority on the network for delivery and would reduce their telecommunication billing considerably - and customers who choose to keep the pagers, would probably pay for the upkeep of the service.

I do however suspect that Spark is doing something along the lines of, its costing us too much to maintain, but as soon as they have a buyer, they will want to milk it for all its worth.. and are waiting on govt. services (DHB, Fire, Ambo, Police (assume AOS is still dispatched with it) to come along and offer them cash for it - and then Spark will get the maintenance contract..