[TheList] Hi Guy's

LOWLAND VIDEO COMEZ at IHUG.CO.NZ
Thu Jun 26 13:28:47 AEST 2014

Hi Brandan
Just to inform you that I have made this type of antenna and mounted this on the motor home  with great success.
I have folded two flat bars 50 mm wide 4 mm thick   one of 1000 mm long and one of 500 mm about 50 mm apart to a long U shape  and made the connection on the bottom of the U shape.
The long 1000 mm antenna connected to the center core of the coax and the 500 mm to the shield and mounted this with self adhesive  tape to the fibro glass roof.
Reception is good for my Reciever and I do not have to look for low hanging trees any longer.
THANKS FOR YOUR LEAD .Regards ROLF
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Shiters
  To: thelist at radiowiki.org.nz
  Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2014 9:17 AM
  Subject: Re: [TheList] Hi Guy's

  You could try the horizontal antennas that fire use on the aerial appliances and police on the prison vans ect.

  http://www.hi-tec-aerials.co.nz/Mobile%20Antennas/html/vhflowprofileantennas.html

  Regards

  Brendan

  Sent from my iPad

  On 17/05/2014, at 9:57 pm, "LOWLAND VIDEO" <COMEZ at IHUG.CO.NZ> wrote:

    Can anyone help me with this, I am having motor home with a fiberglass body that need a scanner type antenna from 75 MHZ up to 500Mhz
    I like to have a flat one on the roof so it does not interfere with my carport.
    I have seen most of the AMBO's having a round tub with a base plate on the back of the Ambo ,I am not sure if this is for radio communications in the 141MHz band .
    Can any one help with some specifications  for this type ?? Regards Rolf