[TheList] BCD436HP

nivick at vodafone.co.nz nivick at vodafone.co.nz
Tue Jul 22 07:32:31 AEST 2014

Tim and guys,

As mentioned previous, depends on what you want to
listen too.

I doubt there will ever be a scanner that tracks MPT1327
systems. In New Zealand's case why would you want to. You can only hear
one side of the conversation from your control channel.

(Unless both
sides of the conversation are on the same site) Are there local sites
not connected to Team talks global system?

No scanner can decode the
DSD (MotoTrbo) system either, and that is taking off bit time. Westfield
malls would be an great example of that.

Team Talks Edacs works the
same way, When I was locked to the Warkworth channel, unless a talk
group from Auckland logged in to that channel I was not even away of the
talkgroup being active.

EDACS did thank goodness present both sides of
the conversation once the talk group was logged in on the data channel.

Leaving Motorola's Smartnet systems. That system is great to track and
the Uniden's do a great job of monitoring it, data and voice.

However
that said, I have a great time working these strengths and weakness out
over the years... Is that not the fun of scanning.

Shane.

On
22/07/2014 08:19, Tim Devaney wrote:

> Hi guys
> Is this a bad
scanner for NZ .
> I like it but if it don't support NZ stuff then it
bad

wrote:

>> Completely understand mate, I was more pointing out the
americans shortfall at opening up to other markets like you were. It's a
shame they don't look at outside markets to see that it's quite common
around the world outside of the states, I'd certainly be interested if I
could get my hands on one. My IC-R5 - Trunkview - PCR1000 isn't an
overly elegant setup even if it does work. I'm sure ICOM could probably
update the R20 easily, given it was dual receive, to get MPT1327.

That said, it's good that Uniden are putting out new scanners still, it
was quite a while between the 73/93XLTs and the newer 396XLTs from what
I recall. Nice seeing they have APCO support too for the UBC*s, rather
than just limiting it to the BCD versions. It was also quite a while ago
that ICOM put out their last scanner, not sure what they were trying to
achieve with the R6 compared to the R5 (which I still love)

Cheers

>> On 22/07/2014 6:32 a.m., Neill Ellis wrote:

Richard, that is the entire point.

>>> I am probably far more aware
of this than most other members in this group. The way these
descriptions have gone does not indicate that these scanners can not
decode the most prevalent type of trunking being used in NZ. I think we
should have an implied responsibility that this should be indicated, so
anyone who is new and does not know this, realises it (to prevent them
subsequently buying one in an uninformed state). Consider how you would
feel if you bought one based on these discussions to only later find out
it couldn't follow the most prevalent trunking in NZ.

>>> Hope that
makes sens

11:22 p.m., DogSecurity - Richard wrote:

> [...]
that's not common in the states, so will anyone EVER do an MPT1327
decoder in a scanner? haha

----------------------
brevity, punctuation and spelling.

4:13:13 AM