[TheList] BCD436HP

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Tue Jul 22 04:56:09 AEST 2014

Completely understand mate, I was more pointing out the americans
shortfall at opening up to other markets like you were.  It's a shame
they don't look at outside markets to see that it's quite common around
the world outside of the states, I'd certainly be interested if I could
get my hands on one.  My IC-R5 - Trunkview - PCR1000 isn't an overly
elegant setup even if it does work.  I'm sure ICOM could probably update
the R20 easily, given it was dual receive, to get MPT1327.

That said, it's good that Uniden are putting out new scanners still, it
was quite a while between the 73/93XLTs and the newer 396XLTs from what
I recall.  Nice seeing they have APCO support too for the UBC*s, rather
than just limiting it to the BCD versions.  It was also quite a while
ago that ICOM put out their last scanner, not sure what they were trying
to achieve with the R6 compared to the R5 (which I still love)

Cheers