[TheList] HF FREQS

Mark Robinson other at paradise.net.nz
Sat Jul 19 15:58:19 AEST 2014

Hi Tim,

You'll get a huge improvement on HF using a larger antenna and a good earth.

For a first go, string a good long length of wire out a window and as high as
you can. Tie the far end to anything available using a length of fishing nylon
to insulate it. Connect that to the centre pin of an antenna plug, and connect
the outer to a metal stake driven into the ground.

Now have a listen at night.

After that you could investigate tuned antennae for the frequencies that you
find most interesting, and something to tune antennae beyond their natural
resonance.

All the best,
Mark