[TheList] Trip around the South Island soon

Tristin Davis tristindavis at windowslive.com
Sun Feb 16 16:05:22 AEDT 2014

Quite interested in if those digital controls are in the Police band or some other type of communication.... Canterbury Police I'd suspect.

Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2014 17:12:07 +1300
From: rcolvill at paradise.net.nz
To: thelist at radiowiki.org.nz
Subject: [TheList] Trip around the South Island soon

Now that i have my 2 UBCD396XT radios running well on external Bandspanner
aerials i am
going on a outer edge State Highway road trip.

The close call facility is really top notch and reception is better than
the Yupiteru MVT9000M3.5

Anything of interest that any one wants me to look for or listen for on
over night stops.

Yesterday the close call found 3 new frequencies in use at Mt Cook.

Also of interest was the strong digital control channels in use at MT Cook,
Twizel, Omarama,
Otematata and down the Waitaki valley.

The UBCD396xt follows them but first few seconds of voice which  is
garbled and then ENC
shows on the channel and voice is muted, this is as programmed by
Uniden.

RayC