[TheList] Having a brain fade

David Fraser zl3ai at dr.com
Mon Aug 4 22:21:16 AEST 2014

mHotspot can turn a laptop into a hotspot (as can similar software). The laptop can be getting its "internet access" either from an ethernet cable or from wifi, thus able to extend the coverage of an existing wifi network.

So there might be two possibilities.
(1) if you have a laptop in the basement, plug the ethernet cable into it and create a hotspot using mHotspot or similar.
(2) if there is another laptop in use in the house, maybe if it can become a hotspot, it might have a better chance of getting a signal into the basement?

-David.

--
Phone: (03) 314 6825
Cellphone: 021 294 0916