[TheList] You all coming to to Timaru this weekend?????

RayC rcolvill at paradise.net.nz
Sun Nov 10 16:14:24 AEDT 2013

Well what a two days i have had.
Seen an amphibious landing by two landing craft doing 3 trips each. delivering troops and
and vehicles on a beach inside the Timaru harbour.
Waved to a French helicopter pilot at about 200 ft. and saw him wave back.
Saw a C17 Globe master disgorge 4 vehicles and 50  US troops.
One C17 came over my house at 600 ft.  at 9.30 pm in darkness on Saturday to land at
the airport.
Troops from many countries  in full combat gear including guns walking the streets around the
old A+P Showground's site.
Being challenged by army personnel to get into the airport, no problem but with machine gun posts
and barbed wire to make you slow down. Spoke to two US troop members to say hello.
Saw the latest j series Hercules of Aussie  with 6 bladed props on each engine.
Finally got to see the two NH90 helis and the two Iroquois arrive.
Surprised to see the amount of female integration into the defence force, one lady was driving
the Air force crash fire tender from Ohakea.
The Uniden UBCD 396XT close call feature has been a godsend for me.
Cheers