[TheList] Fwd: Lightning x 2

ron heydon tvcam at xnet.co.nz
Mon May 6 20:09:16 AEST 2013

Further to my last post the modem is cabled
and has a line filter

Ron

To: thelist at radiowiki.org.nz

Hi all
During a thunderstorm my multi box which had my modem attached was hit by lightning.
The modem and power supply was fried completely but nothing else thank goodness.
Since then I have installed a new D link modem which is working fine.
However my Uniden scanner which was plugged in during the strike although still working does not receive police frequencies any more.
For the whole of today I am receiving ambulance only and no fire or police.
Just wondering if
1 Police now scrambling signals in the Bay of Plenty from today
2 Those particular frequencies somehow were damaged in the strike
3 The new modem is blocking frequencies

Is there some way to reset the scanner ?
Model
Uniden UBCCT8
The external aerial is above the house on a 15 metre carbon fibre mast
with a multi element scanner aerial.

Any help or solutions appreciated

Cheers
All