[TheList] "Piha Rescue Radios'

gklm gklm at slingshot.co.nz
Tue Mar 5 06:54:58 AEDT 2013

Hi John,

Here are the frequencies that I can confirm are currently active (I have
monitored all of these, regularly for several years):

150.6125
150.6625
152.7000
153.3250
153.4212 - On beach, simplex, at Piha and others. If you are at Piha, then
this is the frequency to monitor.
153.4375
156.4750
162.6750

420.3125

The frequencies above are nominated for individual beaches, but they are all
interchangeable. For example, when the on-beach and in-water reports are
called in, you can hear essentially a simulcast on several of these
frequencies.

There's also a new repeater at Cape Rodney, but I haven't heard it myself
yet (haven't been up that way) frequency is 162.8125.

Also, if you can monitor the Nexcom Motorola Analaog 800 MHz trunking
system, in Auckland (antenna on the Sky Tower) then you can tune into Surf
Comm on talk-group ID 4976. This is great when you're anywhere else in
Auckland except the beach. Let me know if you need more information on how
to monitor this system (or any other of the six trunking systems in the
Auckland area.)

There are other frequencies allocated to NZ Surf Lifesaving, but I cannot
confirm if these are active.

Cheers,
Mark.
Auckland.