[TheList] Niwa weather sites

DogSecurity - Richard richard at dogsecurity.co.nz
Mon Jun 25 17:20:41 AEST 2012

Hi Mike,

If you were to make a couple, I certainly wouldn't complain if you were to sell one to me, depending on the price haha.

Always been interested, but don't have the patience, and they're a little out of my price range to get one in from overseas. I've had limited success with my discone,  i'd assume alot better than a whip,  certainly nothing to write home about.   My  location doesn't help either,  so the satellites have to be fairly close to right overhead to get any decent results,  and because im down in a dip, I don't get much in terms of the satellite coming over the horizon.

Cheers,

Z-master

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab

Mike Bailey <tahiini at gmail.com> wrote:

Yeah there's software that's available for Windows, too. I'm looking
at making a custom antenna for receiving those images - they're a
circular polarisation, so your standard ol' whip antenna won't be too
happy about it (hence the images being a bit fuzzy).

http://satellite.landcareresearch.co.nz/noaa/ has some images up, but
its a few weeks old.