[TheList] Ambo colour codes please

Sam W wootduosmaster at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 20:34:46 AEDT 2012

its a national thing.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/7848621/St-John-trial-classifies-calls

Essnetially,

Purple is for critical stuff, mostly cardiac and respiratory arrests.
They get public broadcasts over the radio, and they're free game to
close vehicles to attend.

Red is most of the previously P1 stuff, so under lights.

Orange is road speed, but can be under lights if the driving crew
think appropriate (P2)

Green is road speed and non-urgent (P3)

Grey is attempted to be triaged through an alternate care pathway (EG
a home nurse visit etc) (P3)

Also a bunch of changes to th triage codes and stuff, so a lot better
use of resources. We're not using the 35xx codes as much any more.

Hope that's helpful, let me know if you want more info.

~woots