[TheList] Early CB Base Antennas

lowland video comez at ihug.co.nz
Tue Dec 4 12:54:30 AEDT 2012

Hi John
I have one here in my garage and the total length is 5300 mm made from sections of alli, the coil that is mounted at the bottom is 5 windingsof  45mm diameter from 2 mm copper.
The coil is spread out in length of about 80 mm and the SWR is done by hooking up the coax somewhere on the coil .
This CB Arial is my old unit When I worked in Europe the CB band  longest distance I have worked was 5000 km with 2 watt QSL card to prove it.succes  Cheers Rolf