[TheList] Police Digital Rollout

Steve Austin nzscanners at gmail.com
Sun Aug 12 08:42:59 AEST 2012

But the digital system (Similar encryption to strength the CIA uses) was
sold to the public because it will stop the boy racers from listening in
and the burglars from getting away before the police arrive. Maybe it
has but a lot of money for petty crime stopping.
I agree and have to ask too HOW can we afford this. Its ongoing too you
have to pay an ongoing licensing fee for the encryption.

How many have been burgled and just had it dealt with over the phone and
been given an incident number to give to the insurance company,
especially when your car is stolen. BUT when there's a chase on now
every cop and his dog attends!
Christchurch Tuesday last week 12 calls from public about 9 police cars
heading down Moorehouse avenue extremely fast. Request made to
Wellington HQ because you cannot deal directly with ChCh anymore and the
reply came back as "I doubt there were 9 police cars involved, It was a
stolen car and the suspect was apprehended" The official line, but the
Wellington HQ had to be prompted to comment they did not put out a
formal press release.

So I just read that there was yet another Homicide in Kapiti of a 17
year old........................I see that the encryption is putting a
stop to serious crime.... NOT. Its only putting a stop to the public
maybe keeping the system a little honest...............
The encryption was raced into place stating the security requirements of
the world cup. But one of the games was held in the, then and still not
encrypted, City of Dunedin...........Go Figure.

But our Boy Greg O'Connor (Rent a comment) will put on his clown suit
and steadfastly tell us encryption is critical for a modern police
force. But wait, there's more, We also need to Arm our officers. Watch
this space.

Steve.