[TheList] Question from the Village idiot

Denis Dawson ddawson at xnet.co.nz
Sat Sep 3 11:30:33 AEST 2011

Hi Bob, I wonder if you are in the Waikite Valley?  Although I suspect that
where ever you are you will not have line of sight to the site covering
Rotorua for DTT .

There is a Kordia site at Paeroa Ridge that has some UHF services but they
would be just Prime and MTS.

I seriously doubt you will ever get DTT where  you are so the best bet is to
for Freeview satellite.

There is no reason why you could not hook up a second TV with a cheap sat
box to the one existing dish.

To watch just Freeview the 2 STBs would be outputting the LNB voltage to
select Horizontal transponders so they wouldn't be fighting each other but
to be sure you could put an F connector DC blocker in front of the second
STB.

You could also spent a bit more on a Sat box that will do DVB-S2 and there
are a number of Ozzie channels available on D1 also.

Denis