[TheList] Question from the Village idiot

Mike Trump zl3tpq at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 2 18:57:35 AEST 2011

RotoVegas isn't the sort of place you'd sort of associate with hills and valleys, although I've only ever been there once, way back in the 70's as a kid.
Is there another UHF TV repeater you can get from there, even with a longer TV mast?
My first impression would be that you could try one of them Hills 91-element fringe area aerials, installed at a slight angle to the horizontal to increase the aperture ratio of that aerial.
Feed the thing with RG-6 coax, RG-59 will just not do at these frequencies.
If you have a mate that has access to a UHF TV field strength meter, and a test aerial, you could look at moving the aerial mast to a different part of the roof.