[TheList] Go Bus Wgton. ET

kiwi kiwi56 at paradise.net.nz
Wed Nov 9 21:13:36 AEDT 2011

On 11/9/2011 8:11 AM, John Barnhill wrote:

> Has anyone in the Wgton. area found the freq. for the newly installed
> 'electronic bus-stop timetables'. Antenna looks like a quarter-wave
> UHF whip for the 470-490mHz band mounted on top of the support pole
> for the display screen.
>
> Some 'fun' could be had by hacking into the system and creating other
> messages instead of the next arrival time of the bus! (Hi Hi -- only
> joking!)
>
> John B

It is not go wellington that operate it. It is operated by Metrolink
which is run by WRC. At this stage there are only a few working and go
wellington are not using the system at the moment as they still have to
install all the gps units into their buses. Our buses at valley flyer
where I work have some units but they are not connected as yet and wont
be until later next year.