[TheList] PRS Frequencies

Neill Ellis tgsnoopy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 06:00:06 AEST 2011

The one I'm thinking of had a peice of 100mm x 3mm thick Alloy about
500mm long bent with a top & bottom. The Bottom Was wider then the top.
Two 32mm holes where drilled in the top & bottom plate and a peice or
Orange electrical conduit pipe feed through it. A coil of 9.5 turns of
5mm Dia rod was used for impedance matching. The SO239 socket is in the
bottom plate central in the middle of the coil if it extended down, it
extended a wire from the 3.5 turn point down the centre of the coil to
the connector. The Aerial went down inside the 32mm pipe only to the
connection point of the coil.

Sound about right? That's the Station Master or Skip Whip. Probably
still available from Mobile one in Australia.

Regards,

Neill.