[TheList] ANPR cameras

Z-master zmasta at orcon.net.nz
Sun Jan 30 22:45:56 AEDT 2011

Hi team,
RE the BP ANPR system, it alerts for stolen plates and driveoffs. This info comes from some type of shared Police and LTSA database The cashier is still free to give them gas, its just a warniing not to authorize the pump for fills (IE prepay only)
This technology works, however is around 90% accurate, it still misreads letters on plates. The screen shows a 'confidence' rating.. Ie how accurate the computer thinks it is on reading plate.

This system is on most (not all) Connects, not on any 2GOs.  And i dunno about Caltex and Challenge, as I  don't service them, however Shell, Mobil and Gull don't have this  technology

Usual disclaimer applies for this info being for educational information..

Cheers,

Z-master