[TheList] Wellington Fire going digital

Shane Vickers nivick at clear.net.nz
Sat Jan 29 08:45:14 AEDT 2011

This is the interesting comments made with respect to Uniden.  They were,
however presently Uniden do not bring in the trunktrack scanners.

The digital side is more the trunk and P25 action and can be listened
too.The encrypted part is not unlike a secure wireless connection for a
laptop or the HTTPS format used

for internet banking etc. All need keys and handshake actions at each end to
get the recovered information.

Here is hoping Mark from Uniden can assist with this in the future.

Shane.