[TheList] Scanning site in Tasmania

Mike Trump zl3tpq at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 17 14:12:40 AEDT 2011

Guys,
I'm not sure how you guys feel about this, but I'll mention it anyway.
Since the demise of NZScanners.org, we haven't really had a forum to speak on, apart from this e-mail list.

I'm one of the staff members over there (although I am still based in New Zealand) and we would like to have some sort of a discussion forum for us to talk on,
instead merely of an e-mail list.
It was the Admin guy there that recognised that since the demise of NZScanners, there really isn't anywhere for us to go.
He wants to get like-minded folks such as us talking about radio in general.

How can this be a bad thing?

I seem to remember when I was at NZScanners, we used to have an un-usually large amount of "people"  asking for frequencies for the cops.
IMO, this was the lowest common denominator of people that use "radio scanners", crikey, they were even sold as that and to a degree, it is what accelerated the
move by the Police in general to P25 encryption.

But, if you want an honest place for people that listen to the whole radio spectrum from DC to Daylight, this is the place to be.

Please don't take this as a conflict of interest, all I'm looking for is some good honest discussion on what we can hear at this point in time and our way forward.

Any and all comments will be taken on board.

If you need to see the board we will be using, I'm sorry but you will need to register.

The site can be found here:

[url]http://www.scanningtasmania.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl[/url]

I'd like to see real discussion on this, not nasty comments, it's up to you guys.